makanologist

Monday, July 31, 2006

My first taste of the blogosphere

Hello, all you denizens of the blogosphere! Welcome to my online domain.

To be honest with you, I've always thought this whole blog business was crap: most are essentially a place for narcissistic people with an exhibitionist streak to share details of their shitty lives with an uninterested audience. Granted, some blogs are actually quite engaging, but most are either boring, vile or just plain stupid.

I've always been more of a private kind of person. My personal affairs are mine alone and I strongly believe that nobody should have to endure reading about my crappy life or crappy day at work or the crappy meal that I... oh... wait a minute! I've just realised that there IS something that I would LOVE to share with everyone, a subject that I am absolutely fanatical about and one that any red-blooded Malaysian would quite likely be very interested in.

Yes, the blog title kinda gives it away. My blog is all about FOOD!! Where to eat, what to eat, what's good, what sucks, expensive meals, cheap but absolutely spectacular meals by the monsoon drain, delicious snacks in between meals, ornery stall owners who serve the most sublime food... this blog will be dedicated to the celebration of Malaysia's favourite pastime: MAKANNNNNN!!!!

I hope that in time, I will be able to provide an absolutely free but absolutely vital service for all my fellow foodies: a central database of all the best places to makan in Malaysia (expansion overseas may come soon, but... baby steps, baby steps). We will cover everything from air-conditioned restaurants in 5-star hotels to rat/cockroach/stray cat-infested lubangs situated 2 metres from garbage dumps. As long as the food is good, the Makanologist will be there to try everything, and give you a no-holds-barred, brutally-honest review, liberally seasoned with colourful obscenities.

Suggestions, recommendations and criticisms are very welcome. We want this to be the most honest and accurate food site in the country, after all.

So, I'm absolutely excited about this new personal project: an exhilarating journey of discovery of all the best culinary treasures in the country. I hope you stick around, and enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home