makanologist

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My tribute to you, mate

Well... I guess pretty much the whole world have heard of how the Crocodile Hunter got taken out by a supposedly-peaceful stingray.

It's kinda funny when I think about it. I mean... I always thought the moron was gonna die sooner or later... the way he stupidly messes around with all those dangerous animals who DON'T LIKE BEING HANDLED BY SMELLY HUMANS. I just never thought he would go down to something as silly-looking as a bloody stingray.

Well... I guess stupid or not, he was a pretty swell guy since he was so dedicated to environment conservation and all. So on Monday night, I paid tribute to the Croc Hunter the best way I know how: by having ikan bakar for dinner!

I went to a stall in a coffee shop in SS2. I think the shop is named Hock Seng or something. It's the corner shop across from the KFC.

A friend told me it was one of the best ikan bakar stalls he knows... but honestly, I didn't think it was all that spectacular. The best thing I can say about it was that it was decent. It had all the things you would expect from grilled stingray: nice crispy skin, tender white flesh and a delicious tangy dipping sauce. None of the magic of a truly unforgettable dish though.

Overall, I've got no complaints la... it was a satisfying meal... and (at least I feel) a fitting tribute to our dear departed Croc Hunter. G'bye, mate... hope they got crocs for you to wrestle in heaven... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home