makanologist

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Crikey! The ray stings back!

So I went to pay tribute to the Croc Hunter by eating ikan bakar for dinner on Monday night.

I thought it was a good way to avenge/honour him. It was a decent, tasty meal.

But the next day, the friend who went for ikan bakar with me told me she got food poisoning. I had some minor tummy ache myself but it went away quickly. I was damn eksyen la... boasted that it was the superior constitution of my super-strong Penang stomach. You know... been training since I was little... eating my meals next to monsoon drains all the time.

Then, strangely, a full TWO DAYS later, I kena some super lau-sai. Talk about delayed reaction...

Spent most of today in the office toilet. Just managed to get out of there to get some lunch. Hope nothing else comes out...

Dunno whether it was poorly-prepared ikan bakar or the malevolent spirit of the dead stingray seeking revenge on its human predators.

Either way... man... that was some nasty shit... (pun fully intended).

I'll wait a few days... let my digestive system sort itself out. Then, I swear to the Kitchen God... I'm gonna go back and eat more stingray. No bloody ikan bakar is gonna get the better of me! Grr...

2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Today on tv, I learned sign language for 'constipated' and 'diarrhoea'.
Funny shit. :P

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Yue-li said...

i tagged u on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home